Sunday, May 1, 2011

Pins, needles and nails

So, I went to a wedding a the weekend - no, not that one, another one - and it was all rather lovely.  I, of course, used the opportunity for a bit of pampering and had my eyebrows and nails done, and as a result looked as good as Flo possibly could on the day, which is fortunate as I seem to have garnered a prime spot in the group photo, right behind the happy couple.  Unfortunately, I have discovered a downside to this burst of beautification:  it's blummin hard to sew in false nails.

My sewing machine has an auto threader - so far so good.  However, as soon as I whipped out the twin needle and had to thread by hand I discovered I was more or less disabled by these pretty wee nails and had the precision and accuracy of a two year old.  Much to my embarrassment, after five minutes of faffing, it transpired I also the patience of a two year old, and the tanties ensued.

I fear for later in the day when I have to re-thread Doris, my trusty overlocker.  Four threads to cope with, all intertwined, and it tries my patience on the best of days with ten functioning fingers.  It's not going to be pretty - I've got the Rescue Remedy on standby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flo would love your feedback on the blog or the clothes